Learning to Do More With Less A survey of business owners asked them what their biggest struggle in trying to do more with less was. Approximately 23 percent of respondents admitted to feeling overwhelmed while 18 percent said it was their lack of knowledge. Another 5 percent said their lack of control stood in the […]
Mom's Work Is The Hardest Job In The World
"A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary." -Dorothy C. Fisher
"If we have learned one thing from the history of invention and discovery, it is that, in the long run – and often in the short one – the most darling prophecies seem laughably conservative." -Arthur C. Clarke
Background and Challenges
- Dr. An Wang was born in 1920, in Shanghai, China and was taught English by his father until age six.
- He entered third grade at age six and excelled in science and math during his time in elementary while being fascinated by radio technology in high school.
- He attended Chiao-Tung University to study engineering with an emphasis on communication technologies.
"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy, it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things." -Miyamoto Musashi
Background and Challenges
• Harvey Mackay is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and the Stanford University Graduate School of Business Executive Program.
• In 1959, the 26-year-old Harvey purchased an insolvent company with 12 employees, three 28-year-old outdated envelope-folding machines and one printing press.
• Harvey Mackay’s management styles of strategic management and operations management has helped the company to grow to a $100 million business employing over 600 people.
"Genius is perseverance in disguise." -Mike Newlin
"You must read, you must persevere, you must sit up nights, you must inquire, and exert the utmost power of your mind. If one way does not lead to the desired meaning, take another; if obstacles arise, then still another; until, if your strength holds out, you will find that clear which at first looked dark." -Giovanni Boccaccio
The accomplishments of Arnold Schwarzenegger are no secret. No one would have expected the Austrian born bodybuilding world champion to go on and be anything but that – a world champion of bodybuilding.
My father never went to college but ran his own business. His life and example have remained with me into adulthood and are compelling me to become a writer to tell his story.
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
* Born on January 17, 1706 (or according to O.S. January 6, 1705) [Link to Old Style below. Very interesting.] Died April 17, 1790.
* Benjamin was the eighth child of his father’s second wife, the tenth boy, and the last boy among seventeen children. (Four from the first wife, Josiah Franklin, and thirteen from the second wife.)
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- Her mother was an unmarried teenager.
- Lived with her grandmother during her first six years. Her grandmother was so poor that at times her dresses would be made out of potato sacks.
Lesson on leadership from Jack Welch.
Becoming a great communicator is a learned skill just like riding a bike is a learned skill. Like any skill you get better with practice.