"No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or 'get rich' in business by being a conformist."
-J. Paul Getty
Background and Challenges:
- He was born on October 5, 1902 in Oak Park, Illinois to Rose and Louis Kroc. Rose was a competent pianist and encouraged her son to develop a love for music.
- He demonstrated an entrepreneurial trait when he started a music store with his friend, which went under due to lack of capital.
"Every great improvement has come after repeated failure. Virtually nothing comes out right the first time. Failures, repeated failures, are the posts on the road to achievement." –Charles Franklin Kettering
Anthony Robbins has become one of the top inspirational speakers in the world. He has been considered an authority on the psychology of leadership, organizational turnaround and even peak performance. He’s a humanitarian and has been able to transform the lives of many individuals to include a higher quality of living.
"Those only are happy who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness: on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming at something else, they find happiness by the way." John Stuart Mill
English: A post-concert photo of the main hall's stage inside of Carnegie Hall. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Born in Dunfermline, Scotland on November 25, 1835.
- His family and their neighbors lived together in a one-main-room house.
- Was educated about Scottish heroes by his uncle.
- In 1848, the Carnegies moved to Alleghany, PA in search of a better life.
- At the age of 13, his first job was as a bobbin boy 12 hours a day, 6 days a week at a cotton factory. He earned $1.20 per week.
- Urged by his uncle in 1850, Carnegie became a telegraph messenger boy for the Pittsburgh Office of the Ohio Telegraph Company, receiving $2.50 per week.
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." –Bill Gates
“Our lives improve only when we take chances – and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves,” -Walter Anderson.
- Was commissioned to design and build the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, Japan.
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.” Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)
- He created one of the most prestigious and innovative auto companies the world has ever known.
“We lift ourselves by our thought; we climb upon our vision of ourselves. If you want to enlarge your life, you must first enlarge your thought of it and of yourself. Hold the ideal of yourself as you long to be, always, everywhere – your ideal of what you long to attain – the ideal of health, efficiency, success.” Orison Swett Marden (1850 – 1924)
- He never attended college because of his mother’s illness and an accident in which he lost a number of teeth while playing hockey in high school.