"Genius is perseverance in disguise." -Mike Newlin
"You must read, you must persevere, you must sit up nights, you must inquire, and exert the utmost power of your mind. If one way does not lead to the desired meaning, take another; if obstacles arise, then still another; until, if your strength holds out, you will find that clear which at first looked dark." -Giovanni Boccaccio
The accomplishments of Arnold Schwarzenegger are no secret. No one would have expected the Austrian born bodybuilding world champion to go on and be anything but that – a world champion of bodybuilding.
Thousand Island Lake (2997m) and Banner Peak (3943m), looking southwest from John Muir Trail/Pacific Crest Trail at 3080m, in the Ansel Adams Wilderness of the Sierra Nevada, California. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Born in San Francisco, California on February 20, 1902.
- His parents were upper-class and his father owned a lumber business that was created by his grandfather.
- During the aftershocks of the April 18, 1906 earthquake, he was tossed into a wall and broke his nose. He was four years old.
- He was frequently sick and diagnosed with hypochondria.
- He fell in love with nature at a young age. He and his family were close to Lobos Creek, Baker Beach, and Lands End.
- His father’s business dropped after the grandfather’s death and the Panic of 1907. Their lifestyle changed drastically.