Mind mapping is a brain storming technique based on word association with keywords such as family, democracy, revolution and others that trigger other words, thoughts and ideas. This is basically how the mind works as we think of ideas and brainstorm concepts. Mind mapping is a process for unlocking our individual genius and enhancing the way we naturally think.
What I learned:
- You can think faster and more creatively using mind mapping. It allows you to capture ideas the way your mind naturally thinks.
- You can develop better plans with less stress while ensuring that key activities are included using brainstorming techniques allowing you to capture more ideas in a more cohesive manner.
- Mind mapping can help you improve your problem-solving skills.
- You can lead more productive meetings with the concept of the six P's.
Example Mind Map
- You will learn about the five phases of solution finding
- Preparation – preparing to solve the problem and identifying key issues to review.
- Generation – brainstorming ideas around the key issues you have identified
- Incubation – Sleeping on the ideas you've developed, giving yourself time to think about it and let your subconscious work on the problem overnight.
- Evaluation – determining the best solution from the list you've developed in the generation phase.
- Implementation – executing the solution you developed during the mind mapping process.
- If you want to learn more, remember things better, do better in school, do better at your job, understand subjects you're studying better and retain more information then mind mapping will help. Michael Gelb's audio program on mind mapping will provide you with exercises, directions and insights to be able to achieve more than you ever have before.
Principles of Execution Key Concepts:
- Mind Mapping
- Michael Gelb